Nature’s Wonderland – (S E Qld) Toogoolawah, Queensland
Business Development Manager / General Manager / Mentor
2002 – Present
Retail store specialising in small electrical appliances aimed at sustainability & the health industry
• Established mentoring program for staff, enabling a focus on employees’ goals, empowering each person to achieve their desired results. Held everyone accountable for creating their own personal roadmap, thereby delivered solid business results and ensured the health and growth of the business.
• Carried existing business interstate, expanding and adapting to meet the ever-increasing economic needs that then strengthened the business, and adapted it to the fast moving world of online retailing.
• Increased sales year after year by leveraging accounts to build credibility, and introducing new sales tools and marketing collateral.
• Opened the health food speciality equipment market ahead of the competition, continually seeking out new and innovative high-quality products.
Club Verdigris Eumundi, Queensland
Smoothie & Juice Bar · Live & Raw Food Restaurant · Cafe
December 2013 – 2014 (1 year)
- Venue start-up to incorporate both the retail aspect of the Nature’s Wonderland existing business, coupled with the eatery that carries the strength of the products forward by utilising them into the food and beverages offered — using Cold Press Juicers, Blenders, Dehydrators, and other equipment.
• Designed and implemented the planning, installation and certification of a commercial grade kitchen.
Using knowledge and understanding of workplace health and safety requirements, ensured food safety standards of the premises were adhered to.
Nature’s Wonderland – (Vic) Warburton, Victoria
Retail Gallery specialising in Wildlife Arts
1995 – 2002 (7 years)
- Strong sales and marketing skills used to build new business and cultivate customer relationships. Being self-confident, organised, and motivated was able to develop a thriving tourist retail venue, coupled with an educational establishment catering to the local clientele.
• Brought creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit to all business endeavours. Successfully generated both repeat and referral business, resulting in continually escalating new sales.
Island Wholesale Islands in and around Far North Queensland
Sales and Marketing Manager
1991 – 1995 (4 years)
- Visual Merchandising, Wholesale Sales and Distribution of high quality art related products to Cairns, Mission Beach, Airlie Beach and surrounding Island Resorts.
Sha’s Galleria Frankston, Mt Eliza & Warrandyte, Victoria
Retail Gallery specialising in Interior Décor and Arts
March 1984 – 1991 (7 years)
- Having left the Education Department, commenced a retail based Gallery through which to exhibit personal artworks, which quickly expanded into an outlet carrying the works of multiple artists, as well as interior decorating products. In addition to general retail sales, merchandising, marketing, and procurement, provided expertise in category management, product development, pricing strategies, and vendor relations.
• Established and implemented a small franchise group, consecutively operating three prime locations.
Secondary School Teacher Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
Department of Education and Training, Victoria, Australia
1972 – 1984 (12 years)
Teaching Experience in:
Curriculum Design & Development, Classroom Management, Student Motivation, Multicultural Awareness, Interactive Learning, Whole Group Learning
- Secondary School Teacher at Monterey Technical School, Frankston, Victoria
- Secondary School Teacher, Head of Department at Ballam Park Technical School, Frankston, Victoria
- Secondary School Teacher, Head of Department at Dromana Technical School, Dromana, Victoria.
Education & Training
- Twelve years of professional experience in the academic environment, rising through the ranks from a Classroom Teacher to School Supervisor and Head of Department, steadily improving management, administrative and leadership skills.
- As a tertiary qualified Secondary School Teacher with the Victorian Education Department, continued studying in many and varied fields. Originally gained qualifications in the Fashion and Arts field; additional higher training in the fields of Education, Psychology and Philosophy, as well as in Natural Sciences and Fine Arts.
442 Auburn Road, Hawthorn VIC 3122
Activities and Societies: SRC
- Activities and Societies: SRC
- Sportscraft, Apparel Group Sportscraft Award –
- Year of Industrial Experience (as a required aspect of Diploma)
519 Orrong Road, Armadale, Stonnington City
Domestic Arts Teachers’ College at the Larnook mansion, Armadale, was founded in 1950. It later became Larnook Teachers College, but retained the domestic arts specialisation. Deakin then merged with Victoria College (Burwood, Rusden and Toorak campuses).
Larnook is historically important as one of five substantial mansions constructed between 1880 and 1889 for a group of prosperous Melbourne professional men.
- Food Safety Supervisor
Australian Institute of Food Safety, License MTH2512001AIFS01
January 2014 – Present